Saturday, June 18, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Hey y'all! I am finally home. It feels good in a way, but I miss SOME of the people. Not trying to be rude, but when you spend a week with people and see them more than what your normally used too...they start to irritate you... a lot.

If you don't know it was in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. I was at a camp called Student Life. We worked at Salem Terrace Assisted Living and Kernersville Elementary School. It was sad T the Nursing Home because there was A huge Alztimers and Dimensia unit. And there was some freaky looking people. While I was there I got to talk to a Woman who did not believe in God, but that if you were a good person then you should go to heaven. I also met a Jahova'z Witness who I talked to about her belief. She said the reason she liked that religion was because you didn't have to celebrate holidays. I asked if she was saved And she replied, "Yes ma'am." Sadly I ended the conversation there with out digging too deep. I feel ashamed in a way that I did not talk to her more about my Lord and Savior. I met a guy there said said one of his hobbies was checking out women. OH and his advice was stay away from the streets and don't the the hood get you. That cracked me up so much.

I had to put up with playing Mafia for OVER 3 hours. -_-

The band was way better than I expected. I feel proud to say I Was at The Museums first Student Life concert!!!!!! Seriously GET THEIR CD! They are amazing live you guyses. Look up some of their songs. The band is: The Museum . Don't put a period behind their name okay? Lol, their newer CD is called: Let Love Win

They were the sweetest guys!

While I was there I stayed in a hug college dorm. We had to walk everywhere on campus! And campus is humongous. The college is Wake Forest University.

Oh and some super famous NASCAR driver's daughter was there at camp. All I know is his last name is Waltrip. Lol, I can't remember his first name cause I don't k ow who he is because I don't like NASCAR.

Talk at 'cha later. Pickles,
Carl

If there are any spelling errors get over it cause it take forever to type on my iPod. Lol

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Gosh! Darrel Waltrip! That is so awesome! Lol.

    I miss you sis! I'm so glad you had a good time and can't wait to see you to hear details, even tho I haven't a clue when that will be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlee I miss you! Are you going to grace camp? cause I might be going and I can't wait! Love you<3 Shiphs

    ReplyDelete