Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Food Idiosyncracies

I've noticed some weird things about food. What we do/don't do with food.

Why, I ask, is it a habit with most people I know NOT to eat the end of a banana? They peel it, eat it and systematically leave the very tip of the banana in the peel to be disposed of? Is the little seed-you-cannot-even-feel cursed? Because NO ONE eats it. They just leave it in there. I mean, yeah, it is a little blackish, but its no the banana, its just microscopic seeds that you had been eating no-problemo up to that point? So whats the deal?

Have you noticed that ranch tastes good on everything? Okay, some smart alek is going to say, "Nu-uh it doesn't taste good on donuts! WELL OF COURSE IT DOESN'T! Don't do that, compredas? But seriously, its good on bread, chips, pizza, chicken, beef, salads, vegetables...or anything. I'm always surprised at how good it tastes with something random.

Weird...but I was eating BBQ chips the other day and I needed something to drink. So I went to the fridge and poured out Cranberry/Grape juice. As I was pouring it, I thought, "Why am I doing this? This is going to be gross!" But it was sooo strange! As soon as I drank that juice, I couldn't taste the BBQ anymore, its like it washed it out. It ended up being a really good combination.

Have bacon with supper tonight. Oh wow. Amayzangness.

Why is it that you never get addicted to healthy food? Its always chips that you "can't just eat one" of. Or Chips Ahoy or something. I mean, have you ever heard of anyone being truly addicted to carrots or apple slices? Naw. Never. NO FAIR!

The weird and insanely fat,
Ashley

5 comments:

  1. Haha! I know right like why can't chips and stuff be good for you? And healthy nasty stuff be bad?!?!!?!?!? Hahah we had bacon tonight!!!!;pmmmmmm *makes crazy hungry face* hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ ASH:Dude....Ash! The best como ever with drink and food is a big glass of Apple Juice w/ crushed ice, and a grilled cheese w/ ketchup. :P I'm not kidding I am like ADDICTED to it. Lol, try it with some of you gluten free bread. It's super good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Okay. I will try it! Sounds good but that is weird. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw,Seal, I love your pic. It is so spaztastically you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This off topic, but I noticed you guys seem to like bacon.

    Check out this pic of bacon, it's too funny!:

    http://critical-hits.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/push-button-receive-bacon.png

    ReplyDelete