Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tales of freedom

To be totally and completely honest with you...I'm not exactly sure why I named this post "Tales of freedom." I was just typing and that's what appeared. Offended? I'm sorry.

Well I'm here today to tell you about the crazy time we had in St. Louis! We went to St. Louis for Mothers Day and...WOW! It was fun! Imagine a house full of Becca and Ashleys...don't think about it tooooo long because it might creep you out, but to be real, this is almost what it is like. My family is very crazy and it's amazing because we get hyper and laugh a lot. I will begin the "Tale of freedom" from the very beginning. *opens story book and sighs*

When we first got to Grammie and Pops house we all just stood around and hugged, then stood around then hugged again. Then my gramps were freaking out because I'm really tall, then they would hug me again. All of us were really tired to we went to bed. Me and Pops watched the end part of a CSI episode-thing and I got to see someone get stabbed 10 times. That served as a goodnight kiss and I ran to bed. *laughs*

Next morning, we hung out and had several cups of coffee. My family and I can put down the caffeine, just saying. Poppy did Sudoku all morning....I think he is addicted! And Grammie and Momma planted Grams new rose bushes that Pop was annoyed with. He doesn't like the fact that he's gonna have to mow around them *snickers*

Later on, my Aunt Robin showed up and we all got slightly hyper and then us five girls frolicked off to Schnucks to get some grub! *sings* It was Momma, Grammie, Aunt Robin, Ash and I.....crazy group. And one thing you should know about these five girls is that we really like food....a lot.
These pictures might confuse you a bit but I will explain. Schucks is like a Tennessee Publix and it has a ton of samples and stuff. *sings again* SO, we were all over those things. Grammie got a humongous handful of pepperoni sausages and was carrying them around the store. Aunt Robin was getting cheese with crackers and ran out of crackers so went back and asked for more. Then Momma was asking for meat samples at the deli. Ash and i actually didn't have that many samples. I had fun standing off from a distance and blackmailing my family by taking pictures of them stuffing their faces. *evil grin* Here are some of those pictures. The lady in the blue with the knee brace is my Aunt and then the lady with the sleeveless black and white shirt is Grammie.

On the way back home we all talked about the way we sneeze and were dying laughing because me and Aunt Robin were mimicking everyone's sneezes. What got us on this convo? Well Grammie sneezed and then said, "Whew! That was Irish!" (Irish sneeze is one that comes from the toes up. The kind that jolts your whole body but feels amazing) So, Aunt Robin said her sneeze was German because she actually says the word, A-choo! I don't know. It was a dumb conversation and it really doesn't make sense at all.....*cheesy smile*




















This is the end result of our pig like trip to Schnucks.....it was an amazing dinner. We all had way to many desserts but it was a great feeling. After that, my nephews and neice dragged Ash and I up to the school yard (a middle school playground right behind my gramps house) and we played a game and then swang on the swings. It was fun and made me feel like I was gonna throw up.


Now here is a pic of my new niece and Austin. What I mean by new niece is the my sister and brother-in-law, Aimee and Matt are adopting her. Her name is Alexis, she is 9 and she sure fits in with the family! That is her sitting on my lap and yes Austin is the one who is having a face spasm in the middle :D






This is another nephew named Caden. He has the prettiest blue eyes and he wrinkles his nose a lot when he smiles or when he is focusing hard on something. He's a cutey and is gonna be a smiley kid, I can see it now.


Well after everyone calmed down after eating, all the kids were taken home and the older peeps made a bonfire. We all just stared at it for a while....but then our conversation started. Now this is where our visits get disturbing....when the talking starts happening. My family has a habit of talking about mishaps or really gross subjects. The subjects of the night was sickness and pooping. Yes, you heard me. We talked about these two subjects for about....2 hours? I don't know. It was a long time. I lost track and then next thing I knew, it was ten o'clock. So, it was a while. I don't even know why we were talking about his, but it happened and we were dying laughing because we were totally telling gross stories about each other and having the time of our lives doing so. My family has a way of telling things how it is, and it makes our visits so funny. We truly tell things how it is. For discretion sake, I will not tell the actual conversations that we had, but let me just say....people were saying things like it is and totally making each other laugh because of the honesty. You gotta love it :)



















The next day we all went to Kobi's steak house and had an amazing lunch. This is all of us on the elevator going up to the top of the building. It was a glass on one side so some of the fam were spazzing a little. Aunt Robin was telling us that my cousin Jason is so freaked out by that elevator because one time when they went in there, someone had stuck McDonalds pickles all over the glass window. She said it scarred him and now he is freaked out by that elevator. Haha!





















This is my craziest nephew Landon. He gives me the most hugs and likes to say random stuff. It's so funny. He randomly said the other day, "Dude! I'm hungry and i need money." I don't know where it came from but it was so funny and random. Take a look at this picture....do you notice anything on this boys sleeve? Well, it's soy sauce. You know those soy sauce containers that have two open sides? Well I guess he put his arm back way too far and poured soy sauce all over himself. I thought it was pretty hilarious! Poor dude. LOL.


Anyways, there was my Tale of Freedom. Hope I didn't bore you! All of this to say, I wish some of you could meet my family and get so experience the weirdness up and personal. It's so hard to even express how weird we are over a blog post, but anyways! I. HAD. FUN.

And Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful ladies who have given their time and attention to raising children and a family that works and functions. These women are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment