Monday, February 28, 2011

Volstate experiences

It's really rainy. I don't like it. I wouldn't mind if I was at home, but I'm at school running through it. I was shivering all through Anatomy and Physiology. Now I'm in the library and I'm still wet. My socks are evern drenched cause there are puddles the size of the Mississippi out there. I had to ford through one and almost got washed away. It was scarrry. *winks*

Let me explain a rainy day at Volstate.....rain is coming down in a torrent and girls are outside in little mini skirts and heels, thinking they need to look hot on a day like this. They don't need to dress like that anyway, but ESPECIALLY not today! Everyone is gathered under the awning takin their smoke which they have to have after every class. People are cussing at the rain and talking trashy about how annoying it is....to put it in nice words. Then inside the buildings, people congregate and have a little reunion. They practically are yelling to where all the teachers have to shut their doors so the students actually learn something educational....instead of how some person's daughter-in-law's uncle Bill got a DUI back in December and has been running from the police. (I just made up that story btw but you get my drift.) Everyone is carrying umbrellas and bringing them into class so the floors get really wet. Then the people like me who don't have an umbrella stick out like a sore thumb because they are drenched and the rest are not. It's mostly me and a ton of guys. It's hard to find a guy here at Volstate carrying an umbrella. It's always the girls.....excluding me. I hate umbrellas. And then there are the people who wear rain jackets....they squeek a lot.

So, that's what it is like at Volstate on a rainy day. Real weird. But sometimes really funny. People do weird stuff in the rain.

OKAY! There was a lady in my Science class who sneezed SO LOUD that most of the class jumped. I know I did. She was sitting next to me and it sounded like she was going to blow up. Talk about funny!!! The whole class said, "BLESS YOU!" at the exact same time. She just said "thanks" real quietly and then everyone busted out laughing cause it sounded like an explosion. Fun-nay.

Alright, this happened last semester, but there was a big lady who was in my statistics class (she dropped the second week) but she had a really bad cold and came into class with a WHOLE ROLL OF TOILET PAPER!!!! Me and my friend Sarah could not stop laughing, but we were trying to not let her know we were laughing at her. It was hysterical.

Another time in statistics, one of my black girl friends was talking on the phone and said, "I did mouth to mouth on a fake man today." She laughed and said, "It was weird." Another time that I couldn't control my laughter. My amazing Indian teacher was eyeing me like, "Becca! What's your problem? You're always laughing!"

Just a couple random stories.....I'll shut up now...but that gave me something interesting to do during my break! Thanks for reading! Peace love and bacon!

Soaked to the bone,
Bekiko

1 comment: