Friday, April 15, 2011

Wind Blown

Holy cruddles! I'm at work right now, and Mrs. Kathy said, "I need you to run this over to the *****(I can't say which office)*****. Take my umbrella with you though cause it's raining." Now, this Office is all the way across campus, but I thought, "It's okay. At least I'll have an umbrella so I won't get drenched." So, I headed out, totally happy to have an umbrella over my head. It was going amazing, till I rounded the corner and started cruising down the stairs. The wind swooshed under Mrs. Kathy's umbrella and completely turned it inside-out. All of the little pole things that hold it up were broken and totally displaced. I frantically tried to fix it, but to no avail. My eyes burned as tears rushed to my eyes. I felt SO bad. I had just totally demolished Mrs. Kathy's umbrella. So, ended up that I DID in fact get drenched. I headed back to my office, regretting to show Mrs. Kathy what I did....but to my surprise, as soon as I showed her, she broke out in a harty laugh. She grabbed it from me and ran to show all the rest of the ladies. I followed close behind her. Soon there was a chorus of laughter coming from the HR office. They couldn't get over how mutilated it looked. LOL. Anyways, I'm glad that Mrs. Kathy wasn't upset and that it made the office laugh. I'm sure they won't let me live it down though. They are already saying stuff like, "Don't let Becca ever use your umbrella. She'll ruin it." *shakes head* They LOVE picking on me. That, and trying to get me to eat their food. They all say I'm too skinny :P Well, now I look like a crazy woman. My hair is matted from the rain and my makeup is a little smeared. *sigh* What a wind blown day.

No comments:

Post a Comment